Which charter fishing trip is right for our group?
Many of you have a hard time deciding between inshore and offshore trips. Both are pretty self explanatory but here are a few considerations to help you choose between the two on your next visit to Sarasota, Siesta Key, Longboat Key, Anna Maria or the Venice area.
Inshore Fishing Charters
- Inshore fishing offers consistent fishing year-round even with the different changes from season to season.
- You can fish at the same time you explore lots and lots of great scenery in and around Sarasota while you are fishing.
- Inshore fishing is great for beginners and youth, fishing light tackle.
- If you are short on time and want to list fishing as one of your many activities to do while in Sarasota, inshore trips are a great way to spend an adventurous morning with the family catching fish.
- Inshore trips are much less weather dependent than offshore trips as the bay and nearshore waters offer much more protection from the elements and we are closer to shelter.
- Inshore offers more “fishing time” with your rod in your hand as we are much closer to our fishing spots.
- Inshore is great for families and more diverse groups.
- Your captain has references in regards to restaurants who can prepare and cook you fresh catch while on vacation.
Inshore varieties of fish include speckled trout, redfish, snook, sheepshead, spanish mackerel, flounder, pompano, tarpon, snapper and grouper (seasonal). While many people typically think of charter fishing as targeting big game miles and miles off shore, inshore charter fishing in Sarasota is very popular with our guests and has a number of advantages. Our inshore fishing trips depart from downtown Sarasota, FL or Siesta Key.
If you have any questions or would like to book a trip but talk with us first call (941) 650-9788.
Offshore Fishing Trips
For offshore fishing we recommend the Bad Habit. Trips consist of a wide array of fishing anywhere from 5 miles to 60 miles offshore. Many seasoned fishermen (even locals) charter with Bad Habit because they specialize in catching not just fishing.
Offshore fishing requires specific equipment and tackle to handle the fish we catch but it’s definitely worth the extra work and expense. Offshore fishing targets a variety of species that vary with the seasons and include grouper, snapper, amberjack, sharks, tuna, wahoo, cobia, mahi mahi, king mackerel, sailfish and more. Our offshore trips depart from our dock in Venice, FL
Here are some points about our offshore trips worth noting:
- Days can be long but are very enjoyable on our comfortable 37′ Express Model Charter boat, especially when we are there to cater and offer our skills so that you get to have as much fun as possible. A first class experience.
- Our captains are U.S.C.G. Licensed Native Captains and have gained the knowledge and skills to offer custom trips for all targeted species.
- Our #1 specialty is bottom fishing for grouper and snapper, a catch we can guarantee!
- Because of all the variety you can target fish that perhaps you have never caught before and even very deep-water fish like snowy grouper and snowy grouper found at depths of 600 feet and more.
- Just as in inshore fishing, our captains can offer references to restaurants that can cook those fresh caught groupers into tasty grouper sandwiches.
For more information or to help you decide call us at (941) 650-9788.